Introduction of LaserTracker4.0
1. Base station. Each system can be configured with 16 base stations at most.（The parameters of VIVE’s base station：Pan： 150º, Tilte: 110º, Max distance: 6m), （The parameters of Valve’s base station：Pan：160º, Tilte: 115º, Max distance: 7m).
2. Tracker. These images below shows three different trackers: vive tracker的2.0，3.0 and tundra tracker. The shape is obvious, the tundra tracker is the most compact, of course, the battery life has reached more than 7 hours or even longer. Of course, the supply of this product is relatively tight, and the vive tracker 3.0 is still relatively common on the market at present.
3. Accessory. If the control area is far from the tracking area, because the scope of the wireless receiver comes with the tracker can’t be reached, this range is within 30 meters, which is specifically that the site environment may still shrink, at this time, you will need to use a network to transfer tracking signals. This is where USB network extender come in handy. Although the vive tracker 3.0 can last for more than seven hours, it can meet the basic use, but for normal use, it’s better to have a USB extender for charging spare trackers. When debugging on site, it is better to use laser rangefinder to locate accurately.
1. Steam VR. Because it is based on the development of the tracking system of SteamVR, So the debugging of the tracking system also needs to use the SteamVR. You can use this program to determine the coordinateds of the origin of the 3D virtual space. The most important thing in debugging is to use the laser rangefinder to determine the coordinates and posture of the laser.
2. LaserTracker. Now version 4.0 has four modes: Kinetic mode，Beyond mode，2 in 1 mode and Fade Mode.
1. Kinetic mode is use BEYOND’s kinetic plugin to track by Artnet interface.
2. Beyond mode is to direct output the built-in palatte and positioning information to Beyond, you can preview the effect in the monintor window, the MZone button can realize that one laser corresponds to one positioning point.
3. 2 in 1 mode is still use the Beyond mode, but uses two tracking points to control the positioning and size of a shape.
4. Fade Mode can be switched between the Normal mode, Fade mode and Merge mode, that is, the normal pattern output, the fade effect output only, and the mixed output.
In addition, the software also supports to use lighting consloe to control by Artnet protocol. There are 51 channels in total, 1.Intensity，2. Zoom，3. Shape，4-51. 1-16 sets of RGB channel. The setting of address and network address is same as the output of Artnet.
You can set diffrent color for every tracking point.
When debugging, as long as the parameter setting of the Laser section is exactly, the Tracker section does not need to be set, this section’s parameters are just as a fine tuning of offset value.
When we turn on the power of the tracker, as long as the computer identifies its signal, it wil display the battery power of the corresponding tracker above the 3D window, and display the corresponding tracking line indication with the color of the trackpoint, the laser are indicated by arrows.
In addition, it also supports other DAC boxes, like the LaserOS, Etherdream，Helios。These options in the upper right corner of the window are set specifically for these DAC boxes.
There are five kinds of built-in shape, namely Box, Circle, Sphere, Line and Heart. With the exception of Box and Heart shape, other shapes can have deformation options, also have the global deformation options for all shapes.
Because the limited detection distance of the base station, it is more suitable for (low-top) sports venues such as skating rinks for interactive performances.