Instructions for PL.Tracker v1.0
1. Support NDI or Capture card video input as the monitoring screen.
2. The number of channels per fixture can be up to 104.
3. You can set different PT range、Invert and offset values for each fixture.
4. It can cooperate with the use of Camera tripod head to operate in PAN- 540/TILT – 270.
5. The system runs steadily, even when calling and chatting with video, it will not affect the position tracking.
1. First you need an Android phone, you need to install two app on your phone, one is used to send sensor data to the computer, and the other is touch control interface, it is used to control common channels, like intensity, color temperature, scale etc.. These two APPs are transmitted to main program on the computer through the OSC protocol for further procssing.
2. Then you need to use a WIFI router to form a local area network between the phone and the computer.
3. Other hardware used is a two-handed platform, a tripod and a mobile phone clip.
4. If the operator is far away from the stage, the camera must be used to monitor the stage.
5. If your fixture dose not support ArtNet network signal input, you need a ArtNet-DMX converter to control these fixtures.
1. First of all, here we can click the title to move the window, and double-click the blank space to maximize the window. The first button is to save the project, which will not be described again, and the second button can switch between the fixture settings and channel settings pages.
2. Up to 12 movingheads can be connected to the system at a time. The slider below allows you to adjust the number of fixtures you want to use. When you seitch to the fixture setting panel, you can switch to the parameter setting page of corresponding fixture through these buttons below. We can distinguish it by the port number of OSC, because the numbers here are all incrementing. The OSC 1/2 corresponds to the settings of the two APPs on the mobile phone. namely the sensor data APP and the touch control interface APP. The network port is preset and can’t be modified. For example, the two APP port numbers on the first mobile phone are 9001 and 10001 respectively.
3. UI Channel Settings channel setting, here is the mapping of the specified mobile control interface’s channel. The channel number set here is the sorting number after removing the PT axis channels. The settings here need to be combined with the setttings of the Fixture Channel section, mainly the two parameters of Pre Chan (the channel in front of the PT axis) and After Chan (the channel behind the PT axis).
4. You can set the relevant parameters for the ArtNet output in DMX SETTINGS section.
5. You can set the options related to the PT axis in PT Settings section, you can adjust Pan Offset and Tilt Offset these two options to set the initial position of the phone, which is to aim movinghead at the stage. You can also adjust the PT Range as needed to set the operating angle range of the PTZ . For example, if you set the P-axis range to 360, one turn of this PTZ, and your movinghead will rotate 540 degrees . If you want to control it accurately only in a small range, you can set this value larger.
6. Next, let’s take a look at the Channel settings page, where you can set up each channel of the fixture(including the Pre chan and Aft chan), you can switch between the channels before and after PT with clicking these buttons, and you can also change the name of each channel.
7. The SYNC button on the top title bar can synchronizes the other parameter pages with the parameters in the first button. You need to active the first fixture or channel button first, and then click the button after setting relevant options. After adjusting these parameters, you can click the lock button to lock these parameters to prevent misoperation.
8. On the right, here is the number of monitors to adjust. The buttons on the back allow you to switch between the monitor screen and the chart, and when you switch, the parameter panel will be switch to the corresponding setting. In these settings, the cyan is a read-only parameter. In the chart setting options, Layout is divided into A/B/M three modes, that is chart1, chart2, and mixed mode of chart1 and chart2.
1. The application of the mobile phoneis divided into two APPs, one is the sensor application, and the other is TouchOSC. The relevant settings of the sensor application correspond to the settings of OSC1, and the settings on the mobile phone also need to be matched with those on the computer. In the sensor application interface, we only need to enable the Orientation option and then active the Send data. The Host in the settings needs to be set to the IP address of the computer, and the send rate is usually set to game. If the mobile phone consumes power quickly, it can also be set to user interface. In addition, it should be noted that the mobile phone should turn off the automatic rotation function, always keep the vertical screen when using, and it is better to turn off the battery power saving function. When you switch it to the background, it will not stop sending data. If you want to close it completely, you need to force it to stop in the application management of the system.
2. TouchOSC needs to use the PLTracker layout file I made, and you can also use the corresponding editor on the computer to modify it as needed, and then sync it to the phone. If you want to modify the layout file, do not modify the Name filed, you can modify the text filed of the corresponding channel, that is the display name. In the application, the corresponding settings need to be made according to the settings in the OSC2 on the computer. In OPTIONS, you only need to open the first three items, then find PLTracker in Layout, and click the Done button. In the control interface, I set up seven sliders, namely brightness, color temperature, R, G, B, zoom and storbe. The channel here depends on the main program setting on the computer. If your movinghead does not have color mix function, you can set the corresponding channel to other function according to the actual situation.
All kinds of perfomance venues. If you have any suggestions, you can contact us directly.