Instructions for Kinect2LASER 2.2
1. Video output to Laser.
2. The outline of human body output to laser（use Kinect2.0）.
3. Laser hand painting（use Kinect2.0）.
4. Support Beyond and mutiple kinds of DACs（LaserOS,Helios,Etherdream.）
1. Title Bar. You can click and drag the title bar to move the window. This save button is used to save the relevant parameter settings, and the button on the right can switch between Video and Settings, the parameter panel on the left side of the preview window is switched here.Then there is the FPS. Make sure that when you run this software, the frame rate is not lower than 30. If the frame rate is lower than 30, the CPU performance of your computer is insufficient. Further to the right is the infomation of WIFICUBE related status .
2. Parameter Panel. Before version 2.0, there were two parameter pages, Level and Settings. In order to identify, the Level was changed to Video in the version 2.0 .
The Level adjust section is to pre-process the video to facilitate the output to the laser. Invert will invert the color of video, default value is OFF, Black level, Brightness, Gamma and Contrast, they are all general picture adjustment operations.
The Denoise section is to further reduce the noise and details of the video. When we adjust these parameters, we can right click on the parameter title to reset to the default value at any time. The next three items are the sampling process related options, you can adjust Out Threshold to improve the details of a picture, the Sample Size determines the number of points of the laser scan, please remains the default value of 10 for complex picture, of course, the smaller you adjust, the more accurate the output will be , but it also depends on the speed of the laser scanner you use. The Border Width is to reduce the border render, sometimes, some picture edges will also be drawn, which will take up too many resources, after all, for laser pictures, the fewer points the better. The default value is 2. You can make it smaller if you want to keep the border.
Next is the setting parameters related to beyond, Kinect2LASER’s preview screen can be directly output to the monitor window of Beyond 4.0 or above. The default output zone is Zone1. When the Vector Frame option is turned on, you can directly output the vector graphics to beyond. At this time , it is neessary to make further calculation processing. When it is turned off, the information directly sent to the DAC box, and no additional calculation is required.
Next, let’s look at the settings panel.
The first section is the settting of laser color , here you can choose different color effects, there are several different rainbow effets here, and you can use RainbowRot and RainbowSpeed to adjust the direction and speed of transformation as needed.
The Kinect section is the outline of human body projection effect. You need use kinect 2.0 camera to connect to the PC, and then active it, make sure you stand at the right distance from the camera for it to recognize you, and don’t point the camera at a bright light. The Camera Remap option is to match the resolution of the depth camera to the resolution of the regular color camera.
The Drawing section is the relevant parameters of the interactive drawing function. It also needs to be used with Kinect2.0 cameras. It should be noted here that when using any of the three applictions in the current software, you need to manually set the other two applications to the OFF state. In the future updates, I will remove this step. The Fade Mode here can activate the fade effect, and you can also set the coresponding fade time. When the LeftHand Reset option is enabled, the left hand clenches the fist to clear image, if you don’t want to use your left hand to clear image, you can also use the Clear Image option below to clear it manually. Make a fist with your right hand to start the drawing, extend the hand to end the drawing. Always make sure your hands are visible to the camera while drawing. At the end of your drawing, you can turn on the Lock option to lock the image. The next options are for adjusting the postion and pose, speed and scale of your drawing object, and you can also use the All Reset option to reset these parameters with one click.
The LaserDACs section is used to set the global settings of other DACs, so I won’t talk about it here. Usually, it is good to keep the default for Step size and Vertex Hold options.
Next is the relevant settings of various DAC boxes. If you have relevant boxes, you can directly connect them and set the relevant parameters to use them. Here I want to explain the content of the latest 2.1version update, which is to further optimize the comatibility of the USB LaserOS(Device), because LaserOS have two interfaces, one is USB interface, the other is WIFI or Network interface. Because the official USB interface plug-in is not written perfectly, so this update set a Device selection window specifically for it. The Active option is the switch of USB interface, you must make sure you click the Device option first to open the Device window, and select this device in the drop-down menu, and then active it , this order is important. There are not so many steps for WIFI interface devices. Just set the laser IP address and active it directly, and then the relevant information will be displayed in the title bar.
Relevant Hardware and software：
1. Arena. This is one of the most popular VJ software. We mainly use it to play video and send NDI streaming media to Kinect2LASER. Of course, you can also use it to do UV mapping and RGB delay setting.
2. Beyond. The compatibility of Kinect2LASER and Beyond is better, and the use of matching is also a good choice.
3. The hardware to use is Kinect2.0, and XBOX One is usually available, but it needs to be used with adapter that connects to PC. In terms of drivers, if you use WIN10, after you connect it to the computer, the system will automatically identify and install the corresponding driver. After successful installation, you should be able to find it in the Device window.
Interactive experience projects in scenic spots or amusement parks. If you have any suggestions, you can contact us directly.